Re: How do I totally remove all Eclipse and Java from my installation ?

Hi,

----- "Linuxguy123" <linuxguy123 gmail com> wrote:
> I have been trying to install Eclipse on my computer for 2 days, on
> and off.   It worked once, after some fiddling, but its messed up now.

I'm sorry you've had this experience.  I haven't had any reports of anyone
else having issues and can't duplicate myself.

> For Eclipse, I have been removing all the eclipse packages with yum
> and then removing /usr/lib/eclipse and ~/.eclipse.  Is this enough ?

Check that the stuff in /usr/share/eclipse is owned by the right packages and
not orphaned.

> What do I do for the Java components ?

yum remove java-1.6.0-openjdk-\* ?

Andrew