Re: script help

adrian kok wrote:
Hi

I have script to remove files but it can't work in
directory

ls *log | sort -r | sed -e 1,1d | xargs rm -f

those folders are:

Nov28-log
Nov29-log
Nov30-log

What is it you are trying to do here? Are you trying to remove files in the directory leaving the directory name, or remove the directory, or ??? What is the sort trying to do, given that month names don't occur in alphabetical order...

If you are trying to remove all but the two most recent directories (I'm guessing here):
 ls -dt *-log | tail -n +3 | xargs rm -rf

That won't work if filenames contain blanks, something I fight daily.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>