xmonad on F10

Kennet R. Iversen fedora at lykken.net
Mon Dec 1 21:22:08 UTC 2008

lostson wrote:
> Hello all
>  I am trying to build xmonad on F10 but keep getting this error
>
> Configuring xmonad-0.8...
> Setup.lhs: At least the following dependencies are missing:
>     X11 >=1.4.1
>
>  I do have X11 and the development stuff installed though
>
>   rpm -q libX11
> libX11-1.1.4-5.fc10.x86_64
> libX11-1.1.4-5.fc10.i386
>
> This is a 64 bit machine but why cant the configure script find the
> appropriate libs it needs ?

It is the Haskell bindings to the X11 graphics library that you need.
 From the xmonad README:

[snip]
 * Haskell libraries: mtl, unix, X11

    Finally, you need the Haskell libraries xmonad depends on. Since
    you've a working GHC installation now, most of these will be
    provided. To check whether you've got a package run 'ghc-pkg list
    some_package_name'. You will need the following packages:

    mtl   http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/mtl
    unix  http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/unix
    X11   http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/X11
[snip]

You will have to go to
http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/X11 and
download those bindings. They are compiled and installed the same way as
xmonad.

Kennet