Re: Disable sound for KVM guest

Gordon Messmer wrote:
Bill Davidsen wrote:
Which tool do you use to create the XML? I'll take a look, but I have been starting my stuff mostly from command line. Leaving off -soundhw seems to do the job.

I used virt-manager to create the VM. The configuration file is /etc/libvirt/qemu/TestCentOS.xml. The guess will take over the sound device regardless of whether I start the VM from virt-manager or virsh.

In virt-manager, open the details for the VM, go to the hardware tab, and remove the sound device. You will only have the option to do this while it is not running.

-- Chris