Could not detect stabilization, waiting 10 seconds

Hello, buddies,
I've tried to google a solution to the problem when starting the system "Could not detect stabilization, waiting 10 seconds.", but unfortunately I do not find a viable one, someone alleges it is a later found bug...But I am not sure...by the way, My computer is IBM R40, an old laptop, and I've upgraded to Fedora 10.
One more thing, the system always warns me that it could find driver for "track point", the red navigator button. Is there one available?
Thanks to all in advance!!
Zhanhui Li