Fedora 10 install issues

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Dec 2 06:31:50 UTC 2008

On 01.12.2008 20:19, Kevin Kempter wrote:
> On Saturday 29 November 2008 16:31:29 Paul W. Frields wrote:
> [...]
> I installed the nvidia driver like this:
>
> 1) I installed the rpmfusion repos
> 2) I did a yum install kmod-nvidia

Here everything would have worked.

> 3) I ran nvidia-xconfig (to generate my xorg.conf file)

Here you broke it. But that is not your fault, because it's a bad idea
to ship a tool (to make it worse: a tool that is needed according to
many howtos) in the RPM Fusion package that breaks things. And it's very
bad for RPM Fusions reputation.

> I also tried running system-config-display --reconfig  with no change in
> results.

system-config-display will break things as well. Steward (the package
maintainer) is thinking about a proper fix for issues like this.

To get it work do this:

system-config-display --reconfig
nvidia-config-display --enable

HTH