[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: Nvidia Quadro FX 3700M and Fedora 10



On Monday 01 December 2008 22:28:33 Lonni J Friedman wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Kevin Kempter <kevin kevinkempterllc com> 
wrote:
> > Hi All;
> >
> > I've installed Fedora 10 on a new laptop with an Nvidia Quadro FX 3700M
> > graphics card.  The card will do 1920x1200 resolution however the
> > kmod-nvidia driver from rpmfusion doesnt work properly (at least I
> > suspect the kmod-nvidia driver to be the issue - however I could be
> > wrong)
> >
> > Once installed all the queries I can run such as xrand and
> > nvidia-settings specify that I'm running at 1920x1200 however I know
> > that's not true - I recently had CentOS installed and it (without the
> > kmod-nvidia driver) gave me true 1920x1200 and the difference is huge.
> >
> > So, my hunch is that I'm slightly ahead of the curve per hardware and
> > soon enough a driver that works with my video card will come along. 
> > Meanwhile I've poked around at the nvidia site for linux drivers and I
> > find that there is support for the FX 3700, but not the FX 3700M.
> >
> > Does anyone know what the difference might be between the FX 3700 and the
> > FX 3700 M (Mobile)? I wonder if it would be wise to download and install
> > the FX 3700 driver and see if it works ?
>
> 177.82 should work fine.
>
>
>
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> L. Friedman                                    netllama gmail com
> LlamaLand                       https://netllama.linux-sxs.org


I installed the FX 3700 driver (177.82)  and I now have a true 1920x1200 
desktop - it looks great !

However now I lost all my GL screensavers (none of 'em work) and no desktop 
effects.  Here's the new xorg.conf (below).

Anyone have any thoughts ?

Note: I tried changing "vesa" in the Device section to "nvidia" and I get the 
old resolution again.

Thanks in advance...


# cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf                                                                 
# Xorg configuration created by livna-config-display                                                   

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "single head configuration"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0              
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"     
        InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard" 
EndSection                                        

Section "Files"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules"
EndSection                                    

Section "ServerFlags"
        Option      "AIGLX" "on"
EndSection                      

Section "InputDevice"

# generated from default
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse" 
        Option      "Protocol" "auto"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"    
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"      
EndSection                                    

Section "InputDevice"

# keyboard added by rhpxl
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"      
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105+inet"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us"       
EndSection                                 

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        ModelName    "LCD Panel 1920x1200"
        HorizSync    31.5 - 74.5
        VertRefresh  56.0 - 65.0
        Option      "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "vesa"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Videocard0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth     24
        Option      "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     24
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
        Option      "Composite" "Enable"
EndSection





[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]