Re: How to make custom alias in ~.bash_profile work on F10 86_64

>> Is there other way to make my custom alias (put in ~.bash_profile)
>> work?
>
> Just curious, but do they work if you put them in "~/.bashrc"?
>-- > [tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
> 2.6.27.5-41.fc9.i686

Hi Tim

I have never tried to put them in "~/.bashrc". I will give it a try. (currently I have no access to the machine).

So, do you think that it should just work when I logout and login again.

.bash_profile is executed only once. Every time you execute a command
you issue another bash environment so the aliases need to be in .bashrc
Hi All

Thank you for your so much feedback

I have put an alias in "~/.bashrc" and it works.
yunus