Re: FC10 - What has replaced /etc/sysconfig/hwconf

John Austin wrote:
On Tue, 2008-12-02 at 13:20 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
I am coming from Centos 5.2 (got over a dozen systems here running it). This is my first Fedora Core install and I went right for Fedora Core 10, as I need the 2.6.27 kernel.

So I am looking for the /etc/sysconfig/hwconf file that lists all the installed hardware, particularly things like the video card. There does not seem to be any hwconf file anywhere on the system. So what do I look for....

Is lspci and friends any use?

As root

lspci -v

Handy.  Will have to add this to my 'book'.