Preupgrade F9->F10 Now No Network Connectivity

Curt Stauffer cgstauffer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 14:25:47 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 9:07 AM, Claude Jones
<cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com> wrote:
> On Mon December 1 2008, Curt Stauffer wrote:
>> One unusual thing is that I see
>> quite a few "errors" in the packets sent part of the ifconfig display,
>> which is unusual for my network connection (at work on the
>> University's Academic network, rock solid).
>
> could it be something as dumb as a bad cable, or connection? are the network
> LED's lit up at the computer NIC and at the Switch ends of your connection?
>
> you mentioned route as being correct, by that you meant gateway?
>
> I had an upgrade once that confused the network configurations and criss-
> crossed the external and outside NIC's - I discovered this by clicking on the
> 'bind to hardware address' button in s-c-network

The connections were fine yesterday AM when I ran preupgrade to
download the newer packages.

Yes, the 'route' command showed that the defaut gateway address looks
correct so far as I can tell (it matches the value given to me by our
networking folks).

I've looked through /var/log/messages for 'eth0' and don't see
anything indicative of a problem (other than NM saying it was ignoring
eth0, which is what I expected since I'm using s-c-network due to it
being a static address.

I may try switching it to DHCP and seeing if it then works, that might
narrow down the source of the problem.

Thanks for your suggestions!
-Curt