Re: Preupgrade F9->F10 Now No Network Connectivity

On Tuesday 02 December 2008 14:15:18 Curt Stauffer wrote:
> Switching to DHCP made no difference, although I did notice that the
> DHCP negotiaton must have happened because I saw reasonable-looking IP
> numbers for the workstation and gateway.
>
> I feel like I'm missing something really obvious here, can someone
> give me some suggestions of things to try or things to look for?
> Could firewall be a problem?

Can you ping your gateway?
What have you actually tried to determine you have no network connectivity?
If you got a legitimate address from DHCP, it certainly looks like you're
connected -- unless you've installed some firewall package such as Fwbuilder
that can impose restrictions on outbound traffic depending how you set it up,
yours is not likely to be a firewall problem - the fact that you got a
legitimate address from DHCP sort of kills the firewall theory.
Run the following:
ping 206.190.60.37
What do you get?
--