Re: SANE can't find device if used through VNC - F9

redhatdude bellsouth net wrote:
Hello,
I got a F9 machine that I access through VNC. If I'm at the machine, I can open SANE and scan without any problems. If I, however, do this remotely through VNC,
SANE cannot find my HP scanner.
I tried the same using X11 from a Mac and it didn't work either. However, if I
login as root and launch SANE, it works, if finds the scanner and scans.
Any idea how to solve this issue?
Thanks,
EJ
Anybody? I'm still searching for an answer on this issue. Still unresolved.
EJ

No suggestions?

When going in remotely, are you logging in as root or as a "normal"
user?  That may have something to do with it.  In the past, some SANE
backends didn't run if you weren't root.  I thought that was fixed, but
it's a possibility.

I have a Canon LIDE at home and it works fine as me or as root.
-   "Do you suffer from long-term memory loss?"  "I don't remember"  -
-                            -- Chumbawumba, "Amnesia" (TubThumping) -