Re: FC11: Two Suggestions

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 12:40 PM,  <homburg tips-q com> wrote:
> It's not. However, I SUSPECT that there might be more
> people who want KDE-3.5 than Sugar. It's worth exploring.
> It could be just me but I don't think so due to discussions
> that I have seen on other forums. My impression is that
> there is a fairly sizable group of 3.5x users who won't
> change to 4.

Desire to use something does not guarantee people are willing to do
the work to keep it maintained.  People interested in seeing KDE 3.x
as an option will have to be the people who do the work to make it
happen.  Just like the people doing the work to make Sugar available
as an option.  It doesn't really matter what the userbase size is.
This is an opportunity for you and like-minded KDE 3.x users to step
up and contribute the necessary work to get KDE 3.x re-integrated into
Fedora as an additional DE option side-by-side with KDE 4.

-jef