Re: SANE can't find device if used through VNC - F9

2008/12/2 Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta gmail com>:
> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 2:44 PM,  <redhatdude bellsouth net> wrote:
>> I'm lost there Jonathan. Where do I start?
> Assuming you are running a gnome desktop....there is authorizations
> dialog in the system->preferences->system  menu.
>
> you should be able to adjust the authorizations for device access...
> including scanners.

In fact... as jeff says system->preferences->system->Authorisations

Then in the left hand pane, scroll down until you see "device-access".
As a sub-item of that entry you'll see "Directly access scanners".
Select that. In the right hand pane you'll see (amongst other things)
"Implicit authorisations" ... click the Edit button. Hopefully it is
self explanatory from then on...