Re: Problem with D-Link DGE-530T 10/100/1000 Ethernet card.

On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 20:23 -0700, Reg Clemens wrote:
> When I plug this card into the motherboard backplane and boot the
> machine I get a 'tick tick tick' noise and never get to the point
> where the Video card writes to the Monitor screen.

Sounds like a broken card, and your system doesn't like it.  I've had a
broken modem card short out a power supply.  It survived okay, it just
auto-shutdown until I removed the fault.

Unless you're electronically inclined, and don't mind trying to see if
you can fix a circuit board fault, I'd take it back to the store.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.5-41.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.