Re: Firefox Loses DNS in F10 (also: UDP checksum errors for DNS queries)

On Tue, 2008-12-02 at 15:33 -0200, Andre Costa wrote:
> I bet this is why no local DNS cache can help with Google addresses
> since they expire so quickly. Weird thing is that, on this short
> monitoring I did (a couple of minutes only), none of the Google sites
> (aside from the main sites such as www.google.com and mail.google.com)
> had a TTL > 5min. Has this always been this way?

I'm not surprised.  Since they maintain a large number of distinct
servers, and want to spread the load around, having different IP results
for DNS look-ups is one simple, and quite effective, way of doing that.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.5-41.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.