Re: Firefox Loses DNS in F10 (also: UDP checksum errors for DNS queries)

> I bet this is why no local DNS cache can help with Google addresses
> since they expire so quickly.

Ah, but I'm running bind (named) as a local cache and added
the -4 option in /etc/sysconfig/named to make it only do
IPv4, and all my problems disappeared. Seems to be the best
work-around for now.

http://www.redhat.com/magazine/025nov06/features/dns/?sc_cid=bcm_edmsept_007

The above link is the redhat magazine article I used to
get going a long time ago with my own local DNS cache.