F10 installs new packages automatically behind your back

I just noticed a white popup on the lower right of my screen saying something like "Updates have been applied" which is odd since I have the default settings which should not allow automatic updates. Looking in /var/log/yum.log I found

Dec 02 19:47:59 Installed: createrepo-0.9.6-3.fc10.noarch
Dec 02 19:47:59 Installed: 1:anaconda-yum-plugins-1.0-3.fc10.noarch
Dec 02 19:48:00 Installed: preupgrade-1.0.0-1.fc10.noarch

Not only did I not specify automatic updates, these are NOT updates - they weren't installed before, and nothing depends on them. After noticing this, I uninstalled them without anything else being removed with them as dependencies. A web search shows that this has been seen before:

I suspect that a lot of people who search for these 3 packages in yum.log would see this. I only noticed because I was looking at the screen at that exact time - but not manually running any package install/update utility, or even logged in as root.