Blackberry 8830 with Network Manager

I'm trying to figure out how to get my tethered Blackberry 8830 to work
as a modem with Network Manager. Sprint is my carrier and I have their
Linux modem setup document. It's straight forward.

The only thing missing is that Network Manager doesn't recognize my BB
as a modem.

I know I could set up kppp or gnome-ppp to make the connection, but I
would prefer to use Network Manager.

Ideas on how to make this work?

Cheers,

Chris

--
Christopher A. Williams <chriswfedora cawllc com>