Re: Fedora 9: mutt/alpine: problem viewing attachments; xdg?

On Wed, 2008-12-03 at 14:32 +1100, L wrote:
> speaking for mutt, if you have these lines in /etc/mailcap
>
> application/pdf; evince %s
> application/postscript ; evince %s
>
> you should view pdf attachment using evince

Out of curiosity, does that still work with a moron e-mail program that
sends attachments with the wrong MIME type declaration, and/or badly
named attachments.

e.g. MSOE saying a "random.file" attachment is application/octet-stream.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.5-41.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.