Re: FC11: Two Suggestions

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 00:19:38 -0700 Petrus de Calguarium
<kwhiskerz gmail com> wrote:

> homburg tips-Q com wrote:
> > KDE4 represents a totally different UI that presents a
> > migration challenge to "more experienced" users.
> As a very experienced user, there was absolutely no challenge
> whatsoever. I simply upgraded and began using it immediately, without
> a hitch. It is all pretty obvious: mouse clicks, menus, desktops,
> task bars and panels, etc.

OK, but I think we agree that there are lots of features missing from
KDE4 that 3.5 had. The global menu bar comes to mind. Kasbar. Those are
the ones I immedately remember, but the Controlpanel has been severely
cut down (if only for the time being).

This is what drove me away from it (again, for the time being).
/W