Re: script help

Dave Ihnat wrote:
On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 04:22:16PM -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
That won't work if filenames contain blanks, something I fight daily.

For blanks, do something like "find . -name "*log" -exec rm -fr "{}" \;

I have a tiny program called "zeroify" which reads a line from input up to a newline, replaced the newline with a zero byte, and pushes it out stdout. Then I can use the "-0" option of xargs and not worry about special characters.

I worry that find is likely to discover things I don't want to remove, although it can be tamed with "-maxdepth" in most cases.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>