Re: How to install sun JRE (for mozilla plugin) on Fedora 10

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: How to install sun JRE (for mozilla plugin) on Fedora 10
From: Kevin Kempter <kevin kevinkempterllc com>
To: Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora. <fedora-list redhat com>
Date: 12/02/2008 11:10 PM

Hi All;

I need to access java (the mozilla JRE plugin) for a client VPN - however I've found that there is no 64bit plugin available.
Is there a way around this ?

Sun Microsystems, in their infinite wisdom, has determined that 64-bit computing is a server-only field. They have no plans to ever make a 64-bit binary plugin available. You're stuck using the open source OpenJDK (known as IcedTea) plugin.