Re: Cups with local and remote printers

On Wed, 2008-12-03 at 17:55 +0100, David Jansen wrote:
> (and, since our network consists of a couple of subnets in multiple
> buildings, just relying on cups to find all printers by browsing on
> the local subnet is not a complete solution).

For that sort of network, I'd be subnetting further.  Making each
building a separate subnet, or at least configuring cups servers in each
location which have a limited range of IPs they'll talk with (or some
other limit, if not by IP, to the group of users/computers that can use
it), so that each client sees a printer that's local, and none of the
remotes.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.5-41.fc9.i686