Re: Preupgrade F9->F10 Now No Network Connectivity

On Wednesday 03 December 2008 14:05:12 Curt Stauffer wrote:
> Network card is working just fine - booted from a Ubuntu Live CD I had
> laying around and no problems.
>
> I then tried a F10 Live CD - had network for a few moments and
> suddenly the network widget thing up in the upper left hand corner of
> the desktop said "connection has been lost".
>
> Stranger and stranger...

given these results, and what you said before about mangled packets, I would
start suspecting a bug - perhaps with the driver implementation for your
particular NIC (you could check this by substituting a different NIC in your
box) - it doesn't seem to me as though the simple answer you sought earlier
exists - you seem to have checked the obvious; now you have some serious
detective work to do
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD