AMSN

Keith Powell keith at keithg4jvx.force9.co.uk
Thu Dec 4 16:07:20 UTC 2008

Hello!

I'm a newcomer to Fedora.

I have been trying Fedora10 (Gnome), and first impressions are very good.

I have also been trying to get aMSN 0.97.2 working. It recognises my
webcam, although the video setup sliders don't work. Hence, the picture
is very dark.

Also my microphone doesn't work. There's no audio recording when I test
it. The mic is OK and the audio mixer controls are correctly set.

Does sound work in this version of aMSN, please? I can't decide from
their web site if it is supposed to or not.

Also, any thoughts on the video sliders? They have worked on earlier
versions of aMSN, with other distros.

I hope this question hasn't been asked before. If it has, I can't find it!

Many thanks for any advice.

Keith