Re: F10 -- How do I start AR5413 interface?

Rodney Morris wrote:
On 12/4/08, Robert Moskowitz <rgm htt-consult com> wrote:
Rodney Morris wrote:

On 12/4/08, Robert Moskowitz <rgm htt-consult com> wrote:

iarly selbir wrote:

check if exists this file:

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0

 No it does not exist.  And I have been crafting ifcfg-<interface> files
for
years so I know why I need these.  How does this get created in F10?
Given
that this is a madwifi, is there any other file needed? (my experience
is
limited to Centos 5 so I am use to seeing ath0 and wifi0 interfaces).

The stock F10 kernel should support the ar5413, according to the ath5k
website.[1]  Is the ath5k module being loaded?  What does "lsmod |
grep ath" return?

 dm_multipath 17164 0
 ath5k 112520 0
 mac80211 173668 1 ath5k
 cfg80211 23816 2 ath5k,mac80211

The ath5k module is definitely loaded.  For NetworkManager to use your
wireless card, it must be present in HAL.  Run "lshal" from the
command line and see if "atheros" or "ar5413" appears in the output.
No. Nothing like that there.