F10 - I REALLY want to log in as root -- was Re: root login

Nifty Fedora Mitch wrote:
On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 02:34:51PM +0000, John Horne wrote:
On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 07:23 -0800, bruce wrote:
appparently f10, has modified the default behavior to restrict you
from logging in as the "root" user.
Check the archives.  I seem to recall a pam change that does
limit the login devices for 'root'.  It can be undone but
the goal was to limit external and unwanted local root activity.

I can't find this pearl of wisdom, and right now, as I plow through getting things working, I really benifit from logging in as root. Yes I can set inittab to init 3, then run startx, but I am not sure this is the same thing (and when I exit startx I see an error about running this as root).