Re: Help with DNS hell

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 15:40, Tom Horsley <tom horsley att net> wrote:
On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 15:14:48 -0200
Andre Costa wrote:

> Any additional ideas?

'fraid not :-(. I don't know where that nnswitch line
came from, I've never seen that entry on my system,
I just had file nis dns (and removed nis when a
different bug cropped up).

Yeah, I have never seen that before, either. It doesn't make much sense to me. Google tells me it has caused some fuss on Ubuntu installations:

http://www.google.com/search?q=mdns4_minimal&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Still, thks for the pointers about named configuration, I saved them for future reference ;-)

Regards,

Andre