Re: Add software application fails to start

Wade Hampton wrote:
On my wife's laptop with Fedora 10 (now stable using kernel option
nomodeset), I started adding some applications using the Add Software
menu option.  However, now when I try to access this option, nothing
happens (even after a reboot).  What is the name of the underlying
application and how can I call it manually?  Note that a silent
failure is a pain (click, get an hourglass, then nothing....).

gpk-application if you are using GNOME and kpackagekit if you are using KDE. Perhaps you need to rebuild your rpmdb? A bug report would be useful.

Rahul