F10 -- getting behind the boot screen

Perhaps the F10 boot screen has been the boot screen for a number of prior FCs, but:

1) I am not use to it
2) The three overlaying progress bars are so far meaningless

but more importantly

3) I **like** to see the boot progress when
a) I am changing things
i) like testing suspend mode
b) I am impatient and want to know what is taking so long :)

So what is the magic keystroke to reveal what is going on behind those progress bars.

Thanks for all your help.