Re: Fedora 10 ctf-alt-F2

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 2:43 PM, Patrick Dupre <pd520 york ac uk> wrote:
Hello,

Since I moved from Fedora 7 to Fedora 10, I lost the functionality of
the ctl-alt-Fx in a X session.
In text mode every works fine, but from a X session, it breaks jsut the
session.

thank for your help.
Hmm. switching to virtual consoles tty2 through tty6 works for me
using the keyboard shortcuts.

in F10  runlevel 5  the X session now starts on the first virtual
terminal which is mapped to ALT-CTRL-F1 but the second virtual
terminal at ALT-CTRL-F2 should still exist as a console login.
run this command: ps aux |grep mingetty
you should see mingetty running on tty2 through tty6   by default if
you started in runlevel 5.
this is correct, but I start in runlevel3
I log in tty1, then startx
Then if I make Ctl-Atl-F2, it scratches the X session.

Each running mingetty instance should provide a login prompt

-jef

--
---
 Patrick DUPRÉ                      |   |