Re: How can one turn off automatic updates on F10?

On Thursday 04 December 2008, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
>On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 5:47 PM, Gene Heskett <gene heskett verizon net>
>> However, there is 3 things we need to bz about the installer.
>> 1. It did NOT setup a root account at all,  and
>> 2. it should add the initial user to the sudoers file, because without
>> that you can't add any other users, nor can you edit anything to change
>> the situation.
>> My solution was to reboot into single mode and take care of all that, but
>> why should we have to jump through a hoop a new bee has no clue is even
>> there?
>That seems unexpected to me. This is the full dvd installer? or a live
>iso. I'll have to do another fresh install to confirm.
Yes.  The same torrent dl (Fedora 10 i386.DVD.iso) that I burnt 2 copies of,
the both summed ok, but _that_ drive didn't like them.  I switched to another
Lite_on dual layer drive and it was fine.

>> 3. It also did not setup a working non-dhcp network, it didn't even ask me
>> about networking.  When I looked at ifcfg-eth0, the ONBOOT=no was still
>> there, even after I'd run system-config-network to set all the local
>> addresses it needs to work here.
>I'm pretty sure I can configure my current F10 install to use static
>ip with s-c-network...when I do the next fresh install off the dvd iso
>I'll make sure to test that.

S-C-network didn't ask if you want it onboot or not, like its maybe only
2/3rds there or something, but there were no errors that got my attention.  I
just vim'd the ifcfg-eth0 file to change the no to a yes, service network
restart and it was then fine.  Bear in mind I was doing all this in the
single user mode too.  Effects of that?  Don't have a clue.

Thanks Jef.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
'Scuse me, while I kiss the sky!