Yum errors on rpmfusion in F10: Please help

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Dec 5 06:53:10 UTC 2008

On 05.12.2008 07:39, Dean S. Messing wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> On 05.12.2008 06:30, Kam Leo wrote:
> <snip>
>>> Try using the main rpmfusion server. Edit the rpmfusion repo files in
>>> /etc/yum.repos.d directory, enable the baserul (i.e. remove the "#"
>>> character), and disable the mirrorlist (i.e place a "#" at beginning
>>> of line).
>> See also:
>> http://rpmfusion.org/FAQ
>>
>> Quoting:
>>> === Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: rpmfusion-foo. Please verify its path and try again ===
>>>
>>> Yum cannot connect to the RPM Fusion servers if you get above
>>> message. That could be a problem with your local network or a problem
>>> with the !MirrorManager servers from RPM Fusion. If it's the latter
>>> use this comment to temporary work around the problem:
>>> {{{
>>> su -c "sed -i 's|^#baseurl|baseurl| ; s|^mirrorlist|#mirrorlist|' /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmfusion*free*repo"
>>> }}}
>>>
>>> To undo the change later use this command:
>>> {{{
>>> su -c "sed -i 's|^baseurl|#baseurl| ; s|^#mirrorlist|mirrorlist|' /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmfusion*free*repo"
>>> }}}
> Am I missing something here?
>
> Doesn't this `sed' script do precisely what Kam Lao suggested---namely
> to comment out the mirrorlist URL and uncomment the baseurl?

Yes -- it was just meant as a "this is the easier way to do that" and
"feel free to point to this FAQ entry if similar problems show up in the
future". Sorry, should have mentioned that.

> If yes,
> then (as I wrote to Kam) I did that already (by hand) before I wrote
> to the list; didn't help.

Then you should post the error message that you get now after doing that
change (which you afaics didn't do yet; but maybe I missed it) --
without that we can only guess around what might be wrong.

CU
knurd