Re: Fedora 10 ctf-alt-F2

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:

Em Qui 04 Dez 2008, Patrick Dupre escreveu:
On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 2:43 PM, Patrick Dupre <pd520 york ac uk>
wrote:
Hello,

Since I moved from Fedora 7 to Fedora 10, I lost the functionality
of the ctl-alt-Fx in a X session.
In text mode every works fine, but from a X session, it breaks
jsut the session.

thank for your help.

Hmm. switching to virtual consoles tty2 through tty6 works for me
using the keyboard shortcuts.

in F10  runlevel 5  the X session now starts on the first virtual
terminal which is mapped to ALT-CTRL-F1 but the second virtual
terminal at ALT-CTRL-F2 should still exist as a console login.
run this command: ps aux |grep mingetty
you should see mingetty running on tty2 through tty6   by default
if you started in runlevel 5.

this is correct, but I start in runlevel3
I log in tty1, then startx
Then if I make Ctl-Atl-F2, it scratches the X session.

What does this mean exactly? You can't change to TTY2 or you change to
TTY 2 and after that you're unable to get back to the X session?
Yes I can go to tty2, but at the same time it breaks the X session
(I cannot go back of course by doing Ctl-Alt-F7, ie, when I try do
do it, I am back in tty1, where I started x, in tty mode).
I am using gnome

Also, do you use Gnome or KDE?

[]'s
Marcelo

--
---
 Patrick DUPRÉ                      |   |