Yum error on rpmfusion-FIXED- I Think !

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 5 16:06:31 UTC 2008

Max Kanat-Alexander wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Dec 2008 17:14:24 -0500 Jim <mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> [Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (-2, 'Name or service not known')>
>> Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for
>> repository: rpmfusion-free-updates. Please verify its path and try
>> again
>>

> 	If you frequently get this but not always, you are experiencing
> this:
>
> 	http://www.fedorafaq.org/f10/#dns-slow
>
> 	-Max

Max, THANK YOU

This fixed my problem of downloading and installing of rpmfusion repos,
and I can now install packages from rpmfusion.

http://www.fedorafaq.org/f10/#dns-slow

Who would ever thunk that, now I'm going back into Firefox and see if
that change I made for DNSIPV6 back to "false"
I guess I will also have to make a /etc/dhclient-wlan0.conf file .