Re: Laser Printers

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 9:22 PM, Aaron Konstam <akonstam sbcglobal net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 04:19 -0600, Mike Chambers wrote:
>> Anyone know of any good ones that aren't that expensive and print pretty
>> fast?  Do they connect via USB and/or parallel cable and how supported
>> are they for linux?

I have a Samsung Laser SCX4300 MFP (Multi Function Printer) with
copier, scan and printer.

I'm using it with Fedora 9. I had to download their linux drivers
separately and it works well. The GUI is written in GTK and is quite
nice although I would have preferred to use the default printer
configuration UI.

I'm hoping the driver is bundled by default in F10 and I will know
when I upgrade (reinstall) to F10 this weekend.

The printer is asthetically pleasing as well and quite affordable.

Steve