Re: Help with DNS hell

Jim wrote:
Janez Košmrlj wrote:
Jim wrote:
Max Kanat-Alexander wrote:

    The simplest workaround is these instructions:

    http://www.fedorafaq.org/f10/#dns-slow

    They are working perfectly well for me.

    -Max
Max is right, And I second that.

Jim

Hi,
I tried the workaround mentioned on fedorafaq.org on my sisters laptop but dns queries still don't work. I also tried the firefox ipv6 setting and it also doesn't work.
I run fedora 10 with all the latest patches.

Everything worked perfectly last week when I installed fedora10.

Janez

Did you check in Services if you dnsmasq is running. And restart your computer

Dnsmasq is running
I restarted the computer
and in /etc/resolv.conf the first line is 127.0.0.1 so it should be configured correctly.
is there some special option in dnsmasq.conf that I should check