Re: Analog-to-Digital Audio:

Jeff Maxwell wrote:
        I am in need of a way to process an analog stereo input device
        digital.
I basically have old cassettes and reel-to-reels that I would
        like to
        convert to digital.
I do have an old CD recorder that I have been using but it has
        started
        to have issues not being able to read the CDs I insert.
I would think the better method would be some way to connect the
        audio
        output of the cassette/reel-to-reel device to the input of my
        sound card
        and do some type of capture.
Has anyone had any success at this and how do handle 2 rca type
        outputs
        from the analog to the single sound card input?
Thanks.
Yeah, you buy a Y connector with two RCA that goes to a single jack for line in on the sound card, usually a mini. Then set up audacity to record from line in instead of mic and start the player. Once they are in audacity you can do whatever you want with them.