Re: F9 to F10 upgrade problem

Peter J. Stieber wrote:

After fixing the grub problem I rebooted to find the machine is using a Fedora 10 kernel, but the majority of the packages on the machine are for Fedora 9. When I run you update there are dependency problems due to the odd configuration.

Is there anything I can do to work around this?

You could use the manual yum upgrade procedure described here.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/yum/YumUpgradeFaq#Upgrading_Fedora_Using_Yum

It sounds like you are part way through the procedure already. It might be as simple as just running
yum upgrade
to complete it.