F10 Evo filtering unbearably slow

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Sat Dec 6 14:49:37 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 18:52 -0500, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> Anyone else seeing this behavior?  Any suggestions for
> fixes/workarounds?

I've got the same setup for my work laptop, and yes, it's damn slow.
Much slower than in Fedora 9.  I'm also experiencing other weird bugs:

- read/unread doesn't get updated properly for virtual folders or
  exchange inbox
- new messages take longer to come in.  That is, my blackberry will
  notify me way before evolution tells me there's a new email.  In
  Fedora 9, Evolution usually notified me of new messages first.

The evolution exchange plugin is a massive bug infested piece of turd.
So, even if the evolution filtering side is fixed up, the exchange
plugin will still make the experience crappy.

I'm considering trying out brutus, but I don't know if it'll be any
better (not to mention I'll need to run a Windows VM via kvm to run the
brutus server side).

Regards,

Ranbir
--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu
Linux 2.6.27.5-41.fc9.x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux