Re: want to prevent people from making mistakes?

Linuxguy123 wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-12-06 at 10:16 -0800, Richard England wrote:
>
>> Jose Celestino wrote:
>>
>> FWIW,  F10 is working fine on two systems here, one a self built, the
>> other is an older Toshiba Satellite laptop.  I have yet to encounter any
>> of the issues that Fred has.
>>

> So because it works fine on your *2* systems, its a good release ?

And because Fred has some issues makes it a "bad" release?

Could it be a problem with "sample size"?
> For the record, I have zero problems with the networking stuff that
> people are complaining about and dual displays work excellent for me,
> day in and day out.
>
> That doesn't mean I think those features are great for everyone.

Let's not forget that in this case it is "Fedora" we are talking about.
If the team assembling Fedora would wait, or gather the ingredients,
till all the bits aligned closer to perfection you'd be getting Red Hat
Enterprise Linux and not Fedora.  And then you'd have a segment of the
population pointing out that things weren't bleeding edge any longer.

--
I go on working for the same reason a hen goes on laying eggs. -- H.L.
Mencken Mei-Mei Greshko greshko com