Re: F10 -- How do I start AR5413 interface?

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 01:47:57PM -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> If neither of the above work, file a bug (my guess would be against
>> HAL or udev) and use the madwifi packages from rpmfusion or atrpms
>> until the bug is fixed.
>
> Challenge with atrpms is kernel patching. I got to like the dkms
> approach that is available via rpmforge for Centos. I was hoping that
> things would be more integrated...

ATrpms doesn't do/need kernel patching. The kmdl are shipped as an add
on package for the supported kernels, you just install the kmdls and
if you also install yum/plugin-kmdl then yum will also keep up the
needed kmdls for future kernels.

And if you need a kmdl for you own specific breed of kernel packages
then you just grap the src.rpm and do an rpmbuild --rebuild on it.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net