Re: Root in FC-10

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

>After all, we do not want to see Linux systems that are as insecure
>as Windows systems are by default. Running as root all the tine
>defeats most of the security of a Linux system.

>Mikkel

Well how *exactly* does running *as root* defeat *most* of the security of a linux system. Sorry but that is BS. Virtually any exploitable point allows an escalation by way of further exploit. If and only if, it is possible to ensure (to 100%) that no exploit can be escalated to provide root level privileges, is it reasonable and logical to claim that not using root, is "safer" than using root. It has never been explained to my satisfaction how the supposed 'sandbox' of being user in fact adds any extra security to the computer.