Re: Analog-to-Digital Audio:

On Friday 05 December 2008 20:31:08 Jeff Maxwell wrote:
>  I am in need of a way to process an analog stereo input device
>         digital.
>
>         I basically have old cassettes and reel-to-reels that I would
>         like to
>         convert to digital.

You are getting plenty of hardware advice.  I'd just like to add a software
note.  If you use gramofile for the capture it will make a pretty good job of
splitting the tracks for you, which saves a good bit of time and effort.  I did
a pile of vinyl records, capturing via gramofile, then editing in audacity.
The added advantage is that you are editing smaller files.  IMO that decreases
the risk of making a mistake, but that might just be my caution :-)

Anne

Anne