Re: Some people mis interpret Fedora's Mission Statement.

On Sun, Dec 07, 2008 at 11:16:35AM -0500, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> I am really frustrated by some of the things that I hear said on this
> board.  Specifically when someone comes on here and touts the "Fedora is
> bleeding edge software" and "if it isn't stable enough for you, go get
> another distribution".

Actually, I personally haven't ever said that.  But what I *have* said
is that Fedora (a) gets all the earliest package features, and (b) the
release/support cycle is too short for production/business acceptance
and support.

As a practical matter, yes, there are packages that get into Fedora that
aren't ready for prime time.  That happens with all distributions, but
it's especially prevalent in Fedora.

It is what it is; use it for what it's good at, and use another
distribution for other needs.
--
	Dave Ihnat
	President, DMINET Consulting, Inc.