Re: Folderview doesn't work with nvidia. Was prevent people from making mistakes?

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 1:45 PM, Armin Moradi <feng shaun gmail com> wrote:
>> Short of doing that, you have to wait for someone else to do that
>> work.  Since there is no cost to the software, you really can't demand
>> that anyone else fix your bugs.  (Though I've certainly found the bugs
>> I've reported to generally get fixed a lot quicker with open source
>> software than with closed source.)
>
> Can you even "report" bugs for proprietary software?  I've never heard
> anybody talk about reporting bugs for proprietary stuff!  Is it
> actually possible?

Lets not get confused here. There are a number of reasons why FOSS
_can_ be better than closed source software. However, being closed
source doesn't mean not accepting bugs, etc. It's just that doing
things like accepting bugs is an essential part of being open source.

But to answer your question: yes, they do.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )