Re: want to prevent people from making mistakes?

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 11:01 AM, lanas <lanas securenet net> wrote:
> Maybe that's asking too much for a free OS.  Maybe the short lives
> of the OS versions is done on purpose to raise more sells for the
> commercial product.

The the current lifetime is an honest representation of the amount of
contributor support that we have on hand.   The Fedora Legacy
sub-project was attempted but it did not have enough contributor
support to be self-sustaining.

A significant increase in the maintenance period is only going to come
when a group of people prove there is enough contributor interest to
do the necessary work to do the maintenance.   Just wanting a longer
release lifetime is not enough...the people who want it, are going to
have to step up in a big way and show they can do the work.