Dolphin & ntfs

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 8 01:58:45 UTC 2008

> Is this a bug or a feature? When plugging in then clicking a
> usb ntfs
> stick the status bar in dolphin tells me:
>
> "An error occured while accessing <drive label>
> the system responded:
> org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume.UnknownFailure: TODO:
> have to
> rethink extra options"
>
> F9 & 10 behave the same! :-(
>
> ...dex
>
> --

Could well be a bug,
Do you have ntfs-3g installed?

If you do, then it could very well a bug.  I had run into a situation like this, but turned to command line and mounted the ntfs drive with

Example:  ntfs-3g /dev/sda1 /mnt/win -o force

$ ntfs-3g /dev/sda1 /media/c_drive -o force

and I could access the files on windoes.

Regards,

Antonio