Re: Fedora 10 Virtualization Question

Robert L Cochran wrote:
I want to install Fedora 10 as a host OS on a system that has an Intel P9500 processor, which provides Intel Virtualization Technology and Intel 64. I want to use the virtualization features in Fedora 10 to create Windows XP and Windows Vista virtual machines, with equal or better performance than what VMWare can do. I also want to be able to back up the virtual machines I create to an external device so that I can use them in other boxes.

Is this possible?

Yes, with KVM at least. As long as you are running plain client machines the networking should be fine, although issues with "calling home" have been mentioned elsewhere.

Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>